Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pictures!!!

Hi friends and family!

I finally was able to upload a few pictures while in Entebbe this past weekend. Enjoy and I will try to post more soon. Love you and miss you all!


    This is the classroom at the New Hope Institute for Childcare and Family

In the background of our classroom is the area where we eat all of our meals and keep our drinking water.

Sunrise from the door of our hut looking towards the kitchen on the left and the classroom in the center.

Joshua (another student) and Chris doing lunch dishes. Two students are assigned dish duty for lunch or dinner each day. We also take turns sweeping, mopping, and filling the drinking water jugs.

Me and Norah (another student) cleaning lunch dishes.


Our Latrine Row. 


Our latrine


A typical breakfast


Julia Dangers and I brushing our teeth before bedtime one night while we were babysitting! She is so fun!

My dear friend and African sister, Betty!!!

Our shower stall

Chris preparing for a night shower.

Slashing some grass around our hut.

Candlelight dinner (because we have no power) and we are are on our own for dinners on Sunday nights, so peanut butter and jelly it is!!! From left to right: Mackenzie, Valerie, Devin, my Mister, and me

"Paper" Plate....hehe

Pretty sunset walk. I love these trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment